Thursday, January 24, 2008

Who is this kid?!?!

Seriously. Yesterday, the school reported that he had an okay day. He was laughing, really "hyped up", would not attend to tasks but was barely aggressive. I don't know how he has 19 hour days and stays amped ALL DAY. He was like this before we started him on Risperdal and for some reason, the increase of Clonidine increases hyperactivity??? Hmm.


So, I take him to the bathroom twice in the night and I've been afraid to wake him because he may not go back to sleep. At 0100, his bed was already wet so I had to take him and, low and behold.....HE STAYED UP!!! He was happy and cooing. I really can't tell you how many times I said, "Miguel, go to bed", "Miguel, go to sleep", "Miguel, hush", "C'mawn, Miguel, go to bed"....yeah, I don't know how long it went on for but somewhere in some unknown time frame...he fell asleep. I think I may have gotten in a broken up 7 hours of sleep and I'LL TAKE IT!!!


Nonetheless, his 19 hour days are my 20-21 hour days. I'm going to look like the Crypt Keeper by next year if he keeps up these shenanigans.....







Yeah, that's hot.
Texas Children's Hospital breaks ground on Neurological Center in Houston to study and treat pediatric neurological disorders such as Autism, Rhett Syndrome, Epilepsy, CP and learning disorders......
This is interesting....(same diet Migs is on...)
Mercury Detox Diet

By Joseph Mercola, MD
Avoid all sugar and milk, limit all processed foods and most grains, especially wheat.
It will be important to have a high protein diet as the sulfur bearing amino acids in the protein will greatly facilitate detoxification. Do NOT attempt to fast during DMPS mercury detoxification. If you are a vegetarian you will be at HIGH risk for complications from DMPS unless you have a large amount of protein.

Whey protein can be used as a supplement as it is high in glutathione and branched chain amino acids. Two large tablespoons are used per drink and that can be taken once a day and twice a day for the week prior to DMPS chelation.

Autistic children can't use this product as it contains casein. They can use pure branched chain amino acids. You can start with one capsule twice daily and mix with food. Work up to two capsules twice a day for the week prior to DMPS chelation.
Hmm.
"One out of six women are toxic with mercury (21%). Mercury comes out of coal plants and chlorine plants. I am toxic, I deal with symptoms, children are born with, you know, autism - there is an epidemic in this country. This is like, the air that we breath."
--Daphne Zuniga

2 comments:

Tarabay said...

Toxic, Mercury? Is that what Britney Spears was talking about in her song?

Only Kidding.. Happy Monday...

Kel and Migs said...

LMAO!! That's a goodun!

Happy Wednesday...