Friday, January 18, 2008

Social Worker follow up...

The school social worker contacted me, as a follow up from my initial concerns I voiced to the school on 1/8/08 re: Miguel's uncontrolled acts of aggression, need for consistency due to difficulty transition and my inability to manage him for the past month, or so.

With regards to resources for Miguel, he'd be better serviced and serviced more quickly if he were on Medicaid. It's a shame that my education and employment makes my son suffer in regards to receiving services and I suffer in regards to my son kicking my ass on a whim. Nice. ;) Well, we'll make it through fine. I called to get on a waiting list for services, which it will take 8-10 years to be serviced. They may even find a cure for Autism before I get called! LOL!

Anyway, I told her that I was seriously considering placement for Miguel, based on his mood, behavior, aggression and need for more support. With that said, I may move to the front of these lists for assistance.

This morning Miguel was cooperative. A little bit of fussing and grunting but no swinging! :)

"Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow."
--James M. Barrie

No comments: