Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tough transitions...

I didn't blog on Thursday or Friday because we seemed to be in "the clear" regarding Miguel adjusting to the transition to school....but things aren't always as they appear.

ROUND 1

Friday night Miguel had a meltdown when we returned from respite at HARC. I had to put him in the bathroom and hold the door shut so he'd stop attacking me. When I let him out 10-15 minutes later....he was back to "normal". I survived with a good scratch on the arm, as if I fought an angry cat....I think the cat won.

ROUND 2

Saturday morning came with vengence! Our normal routine, as it has been for 3+ months, I drop him with my sitter at 0700 and I go for a long ride. I think Miguel thought it was Sunday... He was fairly compliant with me until we reached the stairs. He wanted to go into UnJay's bedroom, not downstairs. He caught me off guard and clobbered me in the face, to let me know his intentions and concerns. This landed him in a secluded "time out" for 20 minutes, until he was calm.

When I went to let him out, he was smiles and laughs...

Yeah, real funny.



"Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love."
--Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: