Wednesday, January 16, 2008

JACKPOT!!!!

First and foremost, let me say.....Miguel weighs 123 pounds!!!! That's NUTS!!!! Actually, it fluctuated between high 124 and 123. What a beefcake!?!? :) Sweet boy.

Yesterday when I went to pick Miguel up from school, he was SO EXCITED to see me at school!!! He was smiling, laughing, chattering away and studder stepping (he does this when he is excited or playing around...it's super cute). He showed off for his teacher by singing "You are my Sunshine" with me.

The sweet guy snacked on bananas, carrots and raisins without any complaints or meltdowns in the afternoon.

The neurology appointment went very well. I am so pleased with the doctor, his background working with aggressive children with Autism and his knowledge of panhypopituitarism with septo-optic dysplasia. Miguel was good for the doctor while he inspected his eyesight, belly and back (probably looking for bruising to see if I beat him...seriously).

The doc was well-versed in medications, frontline and heavy duty meds. We altered his medication regiment and slightly increased the Risperdal and Clonidine, starting with the Clonidine. He restored my hope in Miguel being able to "act right" again.

Miguel wasn't always like this. He was a sweet, happy and FUNNY baby. I couldn't have asked for a better child.


"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on."
--Henry Ellis
Side note: Miguel was good last night. Meds administered at 2000 and put in bed. He was up at 0400 but was redirected and able to stay in bed. He fell back asleep and was agreeable with getting ready today.
Tuesday he was up at 0300, was redirected and able to stay in bed. Fell back asleep and was combative getting ready for the day.

No comments: