Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gooooood moooorning, SUNSHINE!!!!

No, I am not referring to the weather, I am referring to Miguel!!!!

He slept through the night!! (High fives to everyone.) AND!!!! He woke up in a GOOD MOOD!!!! (Belly bump it. Ooh yeeeeahhh!!!)

The fact of the matter is, the whole world can come crashing down but as long as Miguel is happy....I'm happy. Everything beyond him is manageable and doesn't bother me....at all. Sad, maybe, but true.

So, what is the secret to a good night sleep??? I'm not sure but I am guessing one of two things.... Either, he finally got tired of sleeping a couple hours a night OR because I gave him a half dose of Clonidine.

Here's the deal... He's been waking me up at the most awful hours of the night and last night I felt as though I should try something different, so I gave him half his Clonidine and I took the other half...JUST KIDDING!!!! I saved the other half for when he wakes at Zero-Dark-Thirty, so I could give him the other half. As we have it, the next thing I heard was my alarm clock.

Yeah, THAT ROCKS!!!

Today is a good day!

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde

3 comments:

TheFiveDays said...

As a mom who has slept an entire night maybe three times in the past four years, I am so, so, SO happy for you! What a great night! SLEEEEEEP. A beautiful thing.

Congratulations, and have a great day!

Kel and Migs said...

RIGHT?!?! I LOOOOOOOVVVVE SLEEP only because of the deprivation...you just appreciate it more!

I was reading about Jacob and issues with eating... ever consider medication?

We started Miguel on Risperdal for sleep and behavior issues and it also helped with eating! He would only eat like 7 foods and now you can't stop the guy!

Just a thought.

TheFiveDays said...

Last night I told my husband about Miguel and how one of his meds had a side effect of making him eat. My husband lifted his eyebrow and said, "What medication??!" We are almost desperate at this point and the thought of him actually eating is almost too much to handle! Whenever he picks up a new food my heart starts POUNDING as I watch (while pretending to ignore that he's doing this amazing thing and even TOUCHING a food he doesn't usually eat). It's crazy!

I'll have my husband bring it up with the gastroenterologist at his next visit. Thanks!!!!