Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring break blows...

When did kids start getting such long Spring Breaks?!?!? Miguel got out of school at 1245 on Thursday and won't go back until next Tuesday. So dropping him off at daycare was a real treat this morning. If you are familiar with the 2 yr. old that has separation anxiety and screams when you leave them....imagine that at age 10, 124 pounds.....a treat, I say, a reeeeeeeeal treat! ;)

Anyhoo, I want to recap the last few days. Miguel exhibited the same symptoms along with the inability to hold his urine lsat week. Friday morning (or Thursday night) he woke up at MIDNIGHT, as I went to bed at 2315. He stayed up from Friday morning midnight until Friday night at 2230....yes, we had a 22 1/2 hour day Friday.

I contacted the endocrinologist on call and ordered labwork. Miguel's results should be in today. I hope it identifies an issue. I'd hate for Miguel to go through this again in one week, per the trend he has set with illness. I just don't like a mystery with Miguel.

4 comments:

Tarabay said...

How about this for a presidential candidate?? Adult Spring Breaks!!!! I want to go to South Padre, Cancun, Lake Hava-something.. I wanna be all up in the club. I wanna shake my junk.. So anyone that wants my vote should implement an Adult Spring Break... no addictive sleep meds required, only frozen fruty drinks...

Kel and Migs said...

Along with Adult Spring Break, I would be more than happy to lobby Congress for afternoon naps....30-60 minutes. Smokers won't qualify, as they already miss 2 hours a day on "smoke breaks".

All in favor....say "aye"....

Tarabay said...

AYE!!!

Smokers bug the you know what out of me. They complain thats its too cold outside for a fire drill and blame flu, cold, cough, ect.. but they have no problem standing the rain to "burn one" then they drag that crap into the office when they come back in...

At my office we have bootleg movie breaks, only I'm the only one that knows when to attend...

TheFiveDays said...

Kelly, what a week for you!! I am hoping you get some helpful results from the lab work.