Monday, June 2, 2008

Let's talk about God....

I want to talk about God today.

In church yesterday, the pastor spoke about how God speaks to us and how to listen to Him. I thought back to when I was a child (probably 8-10 yrs old), reading my parents Bible in the living room. I started at Matthew. I remember feeling refreshed after reading it. How bizarre? I thought.

Then I started attending church when I went into the Corps b/c it was available and spoke about every Sunday morning. What else was I going to do anyway?

In 2003, I met a woman through work. We worked at different agencies but I knew her work and appreciated her for it. I was later employed through her same agency in the same office. We spoke professionally.

Shortly thereafter, she was moved into my office and we became "officemates". Her parents were both pastors and she'd invite me to their church. I usually had a great excuse to not go.

In November 2005, I started attending church again. The following Easter I was Baptized and reborn. Of course, now I am a filthy heathen....but who isn't? I pray for me REGULARLY. I get super greedy in my prayers, too. :) It helps to have a captive audience.

I can't say "I found God" b/c I knew He was always there but I do recognize Him more often and I feel I have strengthened my relationship with Him.

Anyhoo, back to topic...God has put so many people in my life, for which I am thankful, and He has used so many vessels to keep my ass afloat....I'm sure He is EXHAUSTED, too!!!

Without going into great detail, I have noticed how a path has always formed in my life before I have walked in it, even though I don't necessarily know what is at the destination. Plans form in my heart (no, not in my head where thoughts and plans should be) without any effort, kinda like they are put there, and I follow them. As I lose touch, passion or direction, I am put on track by another vessel, whatever it may be (acceptance to grad school, a job opportunity, a State Rep, my Mexican field peasant of an ex-husband, my brother (whom I live with, yet, NEVER see), you get the picture).

I have never dreamed that I would be at this point or that I would have taken the many, many paths that I have to get here.

I just think it is amazing how a kid can say, "I want to be a pilot" and they do! They just do it. The goal is set and they obtain it. I mean, doesn't life get in the way of everyone?!?! It blows my mind that a solid goal can be set and obtained.

With that said, I feel more like a gypsy in life. I'm never quite sure where I am going, nor where I will be but I am sure that I will get there safely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read with interest your post. Surely you and everyone out here will get there safely, for some the journey will be short, for some a tad toooo long, but each and every one will surely get there.

TheFiveDays said...

Yes you will, Kelly! Lovely post. :)