Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hochberg for President!!!

This blog is a little late...

My State Rep. KICKS ASS!!!!

He and his office are working very hard on Miguel's case. I knew he was kicking butt BUT it was great to hear that from my local MHMRA. They informed me of all his work and adamant advocacy within the MHMR office, Richmond State School and Dept. of Aging and Disability.

With that said, I believe that I have never had someone work so hard for Miguel and me, with the exception of one of his teachers, Julie Rohrbach, who got Miguel into an Autistc classroom.

I've always had resistance from every system. I know there are always a boatload of services that are never offered unless you ask for them specifically...and then beg for them....and then have to justify why you should get them....and then tell them over-and-over again that you are going to get that service. The system blows.

I think Rep. Hochberg is going to have to get a t-shirt delivered "I heart Hochberg" and "Hochberg for President".....why didn't I go into politics?


That's where the REAL change is!!!


"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
-- Ronald Reagan
This past month, I have felt the rewards of politics. :) Go Hochberg!!!

1 comment:

TheFiveDays said...

AWESOME!!! I am so glad to hear you are getting some help, Kelly. And I have to tell you, your letter was amazing. How could he not help you after reading THAT? You said it all so well. Congratulations. Miguel, once again, has a mom that ROCKS.