Friday, June 13, 2008

Why people suck so damn bad...

Miguel was admitted to Lufkin State School on 6/5. I didn't want to blog about it. It was the run of the mill "sad" and didn't feel like blogging about it. I was thinking that I would casually throw it into a blog someday, saaaaay, next year and we'd all be over it.

Anyhoo....something happened, which wasn't good, and Miguel ended up in a Lufkin ER on 6/11. He was transported back to a hospital in Houston and I am actually in his hospital room with him while he sleeps. I'll post a pic of the sweet guy later.

I will not give details on the matter, since it is under investigation by multiple agencies, etc. I will say that I hope this will resolve in a timely manner.

I hope justice is served to those few individuals.

The immediate and appropriate response by outside governing agencies, investigative agencies, my personal support network, my awesome state representative, Miguel's medical professionals here in Houston, Lufkin EMS and Lufkin State School social workers....their response has restored my faith in humanity, yet, again.

Having Miguel as my child has brought me to such lengths of hating people...individuals, groups, whatever...I have hated many people over the years for their shortcomings, incompetencies, etc. and there always comes a point of faith being restored. I have experienced that again this week.

Even though Miguel got a super short end of a crappy stick, there is hope.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Oh Kelly, I didn't know you were going through all this. I didn't know that you were so strong raising your son. thinking of you and Miguel.

Kel and Migs said...

Thanks, Jane....it builds character. ;)

I suppose we haven't breached the topic while looking for your raggedy flip flops, left under your car or talking about your hot, child-size rocket, that you call a bike.

Sorry to read about your training woes. I am right there with you, just on a slightly different level.
:( I wasn't able to do the Buffalo Springs 70.3 due to the turn of events this year....losing entrance fees blow.

Maybe I'll be in Cinco Ranch but I am calling this year a wash, since I am just having difficulty just keeping up fitness.

Thanks for stopping by and get in some extra miles for me....

Kel&Migs

TheFiveDays said...

Kelly,
I am so sorry. SO, SO, sorry. You seriously don't deserve this, and neither does Miguel. I am thinking of you both.