Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Sick", again.

Last week was soooooo AWESOME!!!! Miguel slept normally, he was in a fantastic mood ALL WEEK and he was so chatty. He was singing songs spontaneously (Ring around the Rosie, Baby Beluga (an all-time fave of mine)) and on Sunday he started to say a phrase I never heard before. I couldn't make out what he was saying but it sounded familiar. It took me a while to realize that he was repeating the sound of one of his toys. It's a big, red car with a mommy, daddy, apple, and something else button on it. When you press the mommy button it says, "This is Mommy. Look both ways before crossing the street." That is what Miguel kept saying all day long. The funny thing is, I've never heard him say that and he hasn't played with that toy in 2+ years!!! That is just amazing!!! I can't even remember 2 days ago, let alone 2 years ago. It's just wild.

Anyways, on to the bad news......

Miguel went to bed this morning at 0510. How do I know? Because that is when I picked up my blanket and pillow off the floor in front of the bedroom door and crawled into my bed. The past 3 times he was sick, I did this because he stays up spinning with intermittent screaming and sometimes leaves the room to visit Uncle Jason or the refrigerator. So I camp out in front of the door so I can get more sleep.

Miguel started the spinning, labored breathing and "hand pump" Monday night. I saw it briefly. I thought "oh shit". Then last night it came over us and I can't wait until it is over. I am starting to wonder if it is intestinal. He doesn't like to sit on the potty for more than 1/2 a second, he stops BM-ing and he wets himself more...like A LOT. I am going to call his pediatrician tomorrow. Maybe I'll get more than a shoulder shrug.

GOOD NEWS!!!! I met with a local agency and started paperwork for In-Home Services. Once everything is processed, I will find out how many hours a month we will receive. Also, they are looking into State Schools w/o signing over parental rights. I have that application to complete, too.

Next Tuesday I have an ARD. Can't wait. Miguel has a neurology appt. on Tuesday, too. Maybe he can shed some light on Miguel's woes...... Let's hope!!!

2 comments:

Tarabay said...

Baby Beluga and P-Diddy did a remix... It was the bomb yo...

Judith U. said...

I totally forgot about Baby Beluga in the deep blue sea ...

Hey, I hope Miguel is better and that you have been able to get some rest.