Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hey!!! Heeeeey!!!

Last week, Miguel started sleeping Thursday. So, he was "ill" Sunday through Thursday. Friday he attacked staff when having to get on the bus. Apparently, he was biting and headbutting staff all the way to the bus.....Welcome to my world.

Changing subjects a bit....Fox News is having segments on Life with Autism. I can't identify with any of it but I will keep watching anyway.

Alright, back to Miguel and progress with the system..... Yesterday I toured Brenham State School and I have decided that this is where Miguel will reside. Today I filed a motion with the court to involuntarily admit Miguel to Brenham State School on the basis of "harm to self and others". His court date is set for 5/16.

Aside from that, the systems that I have dealt with since beginning this process have been insensitive, rude and uninformed/incompetent.

I wish this crap on no one.



"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."
-- Lily Tomlin

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Stranger, how have you been? Last month I watched a lot of stuff on autism (since it was Autism Awareness Month) and of course, I stated thinking of Migs. Then I remember you had a blog space, so started reading and catching up on your blogs...boy, I didn't realize how hard and stressful things have been on you end. Keep your head up and stay strong.
Let us know if you ever need anything...other than money (just kidding). But seriously, the Zaragoza's miss you guys.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tarabay said...

Kel, I have some low life friends that break legs for a living... Need me to make a call??

Hope things get better...

TheFiveDays said...

Kelly...
Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Mother's Day. You are among the Mom's who deserve a parade in their honor (not to mention a month in the bahamas, free massages for a year, a dozen roses every week, and LOTS of chocolate!!). Miguel is a blessed guy to have you as his mom. :)