Friday, February 8, 2008

Good Morning, Friday!!!

It was a good night and a good morning. Miguel was up at 0400 and fussed a bit getting on the bus BUT he was good and manageable!

In review of my blogs, I found reinforcement in my statement to a Director at a local group home about Miguel needing consistancy, having difficulty with even the everyday transition and, possibly, an increased need to be in a residential environment w/ a staff.

I stated how e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y Miguel is difficult in the morning routine, even though nothing ever changes. It is the same routine everyday. I never reinforce his negative behavior by calling him out of school or by driving him to school. In fact, he has been like this since he was 3 or 4 and had to go to school. In Early Childhood, the teacher would remark on how it'd take 45 minutes to an hour to calm Miguel after getting off the bus, how long it'd take to get him off the swing, out of the pool, in from the playground, etc...

Well, the beat goes on...except he is big and aggressive. Before, he was just inconsolable. Poor baby.

So today was a good day with light fussing. I forsee a little difficulty heading into Saturday with transitioning and then back to the woes of morning routine transitioning M-W, with smooth transitions Thursday and Friday.....

....that's Miguel's seven day forecast. You heard it here first.



"Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry."
--Bill Cosby

3 comments:

TheFiveDays said...

What a week for you guys!! Poor guy, his head looks like it must HURT. And geez, I am so frustrated for you over the daycare situation. I love the chicken comment, "well, he asked for some." Sigh. My 2 1/2 year old also asks for ice cream for breakfast.

I hope your weekend goes SURPRISINGLY well!!! :)

TheFiveDays said...

Just wanted to check in on you guys, there haven't been any posts here for awhile. How are you and Miguel doing?

Judith U. said...

Hey there. I've been thinking about you and Miguel. Hope you're okay..

xo

Judith