Thursday, February 7, 2008

Forgotten details of the past week

Miguel came home Friday (2/1) with the backs of his hands raw and bleeding, due to licking. He was fairly loud, fussy and aggressive so he didn't go to Respite. I wasn't in the mood to bring him, either. I think we went to bed at 9....rough week.





The backs of his hands indicate that he wasn't real productive Friday.



Monday and Tuesday Miguel wet himself aftershool but Tuesday he came home with this little goose egg.....



Per daycare, he wasn't happy getting off the bus. He wasn't happy that snack was over, either. He kept hitting the kids by him and taking their food. He pinches the kids in his daycare room...they report it to me when I pick him up.



Miguel's frustration mounted and he'd pound his head against the table repeatedly, screaming...over-and-over again. I think it shook up the owner, too, she seemed a little shaken by the behavior. Even though we all accept Miguel, sometimes his actions can be extremely unsettling.


I am sure you can imagine how PISSED OFF I was to show up to daycare Tuesday and find Miguel wet himself BAD! I mean, t-shirt, shorts, undies....RIDICULOUS!!! THEN to see this mountain on his forehead....EEEEWWWWWW.....I WAS ON FIRE!!! Who is watching this kid!?!??! Without being super evil AND crazy, I let them know I wasn't happy...




They explained what happened, which made it a little better but not much. To think, this is the ONLY daycare he can go to.....this blows.




Furthermore, I have explained the diet Miguel is on...what he can and cannot eat, etc... The owner wrote it down on paper and posted it in the kitchen.
Why did she show me snacks yesterday and asked, "is it ok for Miguel to eat these?" Mind you, she had a worried, "please, please, please, please let it be ok" look on her face.
I look at the ingredients. First ingredient "wheat flour". I say "no" and explain why. She says, "oh, ok, I was just checking because I had picked them up for him in case he could have them"
Yeah, the box was open....
Then she goes on to say, "well, I gave him some fried chicken today because he was asking for it."
I respond, "Oh, he can't have the breading that is on it." She apologized but what the HELL am I paying you for?!?!?!





Anyway, Wednesday he woke up groggy and was cooperative getting on the bus. He wasn't cooperative in the morning at school...a very angry morning. He also stayed dry at daycare yesterday.
This morning he was good. He was up at 0500 and he got on the bus without a problem! :)




"Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out."
--Anton Chekhov

3 comments:

Tarabay said...

Your a champ!

Judith U. said...

Thank you for posting these pictures. It's important for the world to know the reality of the challenges you face.

Your blog is incredibly cool. It's so honest ... but not in a depressing sort of way. I'm hoping Migs will have some better days going forward. This has got to be so tough...

Anonymous said...

Might be an idea to get a qualified nanny who specializes in special needs specifically autism, so he has more one on one time and more attention given to him. Daycare providers have a lot on their hands, they can't be standing over a child 24/7 as they have other children to take care of too. With a nanny they can have more outtings, joing playgroups, she'd know the specific diet of your son and stick to it. and many more benefits. Best of luck!