Monday, December 10, 2007

Boo-nanas it is!!!!

Great achievements over the weekend include:

*Miguel didn't raid the refrigerator once this weekend. (Yeah!!!!! My lunch meat lives to see another day!)

*Sunday morning Miguel had his standard 2 Wheat free/Gluten free waffles, watered down apple juice and banana. When he is finished he holds his plate in the air and says, "gimme." This pretty much means, "here you go, I'm done.....but you may want to give me more." So, the little dude keeps holding it over his head repeating, "gimme, gimme" which he starts to stretch the word out in a deeper voice, in the event I couldn't understand him or hear him, "gggeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh-meeeeeeeeeeee." I come over to the table and take the paper plate (he has a knack for breaking dishware) and ask, "Miguel, what do you want?" He slowly shows me the sign for "more". I ask, "more? More what?" He sits there quietly contemplating the answer or figuring out the question.... I ask slowly, "Miguel, do you want more waffles or banana?" (To emphasize the options for him to respond) He says, "boonana." WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! THAT'S MY GUY!!!!! Sweet dude!!!!!

This was the FIRST TIME he has responded to a question with WORDS!!!!! Needless to say, he received 3 bananas after that FANTASTIC EVENT!!! Of course, he requested them but I had NO PROBLEM dishing out the boonanas for my guy. :)

*This morning Miguel woke up and took himself to the bathroom (twice) without any verbal cues, however, I had to jump in after the first time and stop him from taking a bath. :)

*Miguel received his Clonidine in the mail Saturday!!!!

*Miguel pronounces his last name "Fer butter". We'll work on that....he also pronounces "Angela" like "Ange-wa" and "Brett" like "Breast" (that's a goodun! I think I'll encourage that one!).

This brings me to concerns about my "parenting skills"... Why would a person encourage their kid to call their friend "Breast" just because it is FREAKIN HILARIOUS!?!?!?! Beats me...but I laugh every time!!

Yesterday, Miguel was burping a lot and I responded, "ugh, Miguel, that is sick. Miguel, say, "that's sick"." Here I am encouraging my child to say, "that's sick" after he belches until my friend chimes in after Miguel belches again, "Miguel, say "excuse me"." People should have permits to raise children....LOL, especially me. :)

Here's the downside of the weekend:

*Miguel was a grump Saturday morning.

*Miguel acted SUPER AUTISTIC at the museum yesterday when we went to see Lucy. A lot of good screaming, shrieking and throwing jabs at his mother's face. He scared the crap out of most of the patrons. Good job, buddy. (I should get him a shirt for these occasions. Maybe it could read "AUTISTIC! For your own safety, please stand 10 feet away" and I could hand out ear plugs to the super sensitive bystanders.)

*Miguel didn't want to go to bed last night....but he was SUPER AWESOME AT 0500 today!!!!



Our favorite weekend warrior and my back-up chick:

Deandrea Grover
She worked at Miguel's daycare and is a PHENOMENAL WOMAN, who sees Miguel the way I do....and she sees him every weekend when I need respite. Someone give this woman a raise!
"Love is the beauty of the soul."-- Saint Augustine

No comments: