Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Blogging for the Love of Christmas!!!

This morning blew. It blew BIG TIME! Miguel woke up at 0330 and was in a piss mood by the time I got him to daycare. He head butted me twice, once on the cheek bone and once on the chest. Thank God for "padding" but the cheek bone left a mark.

I am not sure I can adequately express my feelings about being victimized by my own child. All I do know is that it requires all my patience and inner strength to not knock him through a wall. I mean, if a person is attacked, the first response is to defend yourself by any means necessary. All that crap went out the window with Miguel when he was about 4 years old, when he started to become aggressive at the bus stop. In the past 6 years, I've been humiliated in public and privately by my child attacking me and I have a variety of scars on the back of my hands and arms. Unfortunately, he has the strength of a million men, he is only getting bigger and with every aggressive meltdown, he is headed in a direction that he wouldn't want to go.... if he knew any better.


Over the weekend he woke up early most days (between 0330 and 0700), was more forceful and spastic than usual (verbally and physically, head banging mostly) and this morning may have been the pinnacle of aggression...let's hope. I think it may come from being out of school since Thursday, losing his routine and structure over a 4 day weekend and then going to daycare this morning.


Enough about mood and aggression. Let's talk about Christmas Eve and Christmas!!!!! Christmas Eve MIGUEL LOST A TOOTH and it was a gift exchange day with my family, due to my brother's work schedule. My brother's girlfriend, Angela, was kind enough to host us and we all received GREAT GIFTS!!!


Good people.............




Brett ("Breast") LOL!!! & Me







My mom "Meema", Andy & Miguel





Miguel (the contortionist)




Miguel & Andy



Andy, Un Jay, Abbey & Angela



The fam
So Miguel received many gifts (sensory toys, clothes, Spiderman 3 bedding) and this little rinky dink toy would have to be his favorite gift!!! Isn't that just like a kid? You buy them the world and they want to play in the dirt.... :) Kids rock!




He shakes it. It squeaks. Endless fun.





Contemplating the shaking method. Considering banging his hand with it....just exploring before he starts spinning like a top.






Ooooohhhhh yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh!!!! That is some GOOD TOY ACTION!!!
(I think I may have paid $5 for it. Time to stock up!)





Here are some other sensory toys he received to go in his sensory box. He also likes the Zube Tube (on the left). He spins and uses it like a music conductor and it makes a great noise.





Un Jay gave Miguel Spiderman 3 bedding. It's actually reversible, with the "good Spiderman" on the opposite side. In keeping with the mood, I decided to make the bed with the black Spiderman. Besides, the black one is bad ass.




Christmas Eve came to a close and we were pooped. Note my handsome pug, Sullivan, at the bend of my knee. I love that dog!
CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!
We had A LOT to eat.....


I mean, eat.....



To include corn pudding, Crawfish Chowder, stuffed potatoes, salad, pork roast, barbeque pork roast, brown sugar glazed ham, biscuits, dressing with chicken and I'm sure I missed something... I think this Christmas may have been void of vegetables... Oh well. It was all YUMMAY!!!
There may have been some wine consumed but there was definitely pumpkin cheesecake and homemade cherry pie consumed!!! :)

Again, there were good people....




Lou and Dwight





Aunt Kathy, Kristin and Uncle Steve




Hilda
Great decor....










....and, of course, great food!!
It was a fantastic day that my friend, Kristin, hosted for Meema, Miguel and myself. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures from later that day when we went to HFD Rescue 10 to have dinner with the fine firemen of Houston but that meal included brisket, corn on the cob, MANY DESSERTS!!!, ham, biscuits, chips/pico de gallo (a staple there), beans, green bean casserole and probably other foods I am missing. It was ALL GOOD!!!
Now I have to go dig through my storage to find my maternity pants! ;)

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." -- Mother Teresa

No comments: