Sunday, November 30, 2008

Is this the turning point, when I become a bitter hag?

No joke. I see a lot of patients in the midst of their crisis and the crisis hadn't developed in the past 24 hours but rather a long period of decompensation through maladaptive coping mechanisms to not deal with real issues due to their inability to recognize the painful reality or not knowing how to deal with it....thinking it will "just go away", "time heals everything"--type scenarios. Which never work out, instead it slowly changes us over the years to the person we grow up to be, even if we didn't necessarily choose to be that person.

In hindsight, my beginning point probably happened in 6/08, nonetheless, in 10, 20, 30 years from now, when I have hit the bottom of my personal hell, I will re-count the events from which it all began and 2008 may be "my beginning point." I really hope not, but it sure feels that way lately.

"Buh-hum-bug."
-Scrooge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog....either by clicking my OHN or my SOD link....either way, I thought I would contact you.....sorry to do so through a comment. I live in TX, my son has optic nerve hypoplasia or septo optic dysplasia....depending on the doctor you talk to and what day of the week it is. Anyway, I am always looking for moms who can relate to what I have been through/going through. Please message me when you get this!